I am so embarassed that it has been nearly three whole months since I’ve updated here. As usual, the same lame excuses come to mind about life being crazy, the baby being crazy, me being crazy. But I know that you don’t care. You’ve probably deleted your bookmark of the page, don’t even check up here anymore…
The sad part is that I can’t even promise to do better! It’s summer and goodness knows when I’ll have a moment to be back again. Just try to check back in every now and again when you think about it. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get lucky.
So, some major Auggie milestone updates for those of you who haven’t seen or heard from us lately:
* He’s been crawling since we went to the Derby in early May. Funny story: It took a hotel room with carpeting to finally give hime enough traction so he could get the crawling thing down. Guess the hardwood floors here at home were just to slippery.
* He says “dadadadada” and “mamamamama” but doesn’t really know what they mean. His laugh is the cutest, funniest thing ever.
* He weighs 22 pounds, 9 ounces, which is just about average, believe it or not. Seems huge to me, but I’m no doctor.
* He’s working on standing unsupported. This is pretty much the last thing to conquer before the walking begins. As yet, no steps.
* He’s still pretty bald, but he’s getting more hair all the time! It’s blonde, though, so you still don’t see it much. Check out the Pictures section for some recent shots.
* He eats like a madman now. He’s gradually moving away from the baby food, as he is way more interested in what we’re eating now. He loves guacamole!
* He’s nursing less and less. This is pretty bittersweet for me because it is just another reminder of how quickly he is growing up! Plus, we worked so hard at this nursing thing. I can’t believe it’s almost over. But who knows? He may continue with nursing a couple of times a day for a while. Which is fine with me. It’s amazing how a little mommy time turns his mood around, calms him down, makes him smile.
As for me, I’m having a great summer. Auggie and I have been hitting the pools, walking the dogs every morning, chilling with the SLPlaygroup and working harder than ever. Humana has been giving me tons of work and I just try to keep up. As a matter of fact, I’m procrastinating right now…
We bought a blow-up pool today and the whole family (dogs and all — yes, we’re total hoosiers) got in to cool off on this hot, humid afternoon. The dogs weren’t thrilled, but Auggie had the time of his life. My boy is getting TAN too! The SPF 30 has prevented any sunburns, but he is quite the bronze man.
Oh, and I got an iBook. It rocks. So hard. Tim hooked me up with an Air Base Station, so I’ve got DSL anywhere within 150 feet of the thing. Now, all I need is Microsoft Office and I’m in business! Oh, and Adobe Font Folio, Photoshop, Illustrator, another 40 gigs of hard drive…
I made my first movie. It’s called “Jillian’s First Birthday Party.” Ironically, but not surprisingly, Auggie is the star.
So, that’s what’s up with us. What’s up with you?