Stupid, stupid caffeine! Why, oh why do I always have to have that second latte at Kaldi’s?
So, here it is, 1:30 in the dang morning, and I cannot fall asleep. Following is a list of the different techniques I have tried so far to bring about the sleepiness:
* A hot shower. I even shaved my legs! Relaxing, yes. Sleep-inducing, no.
* Praying. No, not praying for sleep, just my usual gratitude, reflective mental inventory that I try to get through every night. Most nights, it goes like this, ‘Dear Lord, please forgive me for my snnnnxxxx…’ Not tonight. I even prayed for the damn dogs, and no sleep.
* Thinking of incredibly boring things. Examples include, trying to remember the tune from “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,”Â the names of all of my school teachers while growing up, how to thread my sewing machine, etc. No go.
* Making a mental list of all of the things I needed to do tomorrow. Not the right thing to do to relax, when you have a big Thursday ahead of you and still haven’t fallen asleep.
* Reading a book about parenting. Nothing like reading about the joys of attachment parenting to send you off to dreamland, wrapped in the warm glow that you’re doing something right, right? Uh-uh, not tonight.
* Blogging. You can see where this is getting me…
Now, I’m off to tread the calm waters of the Internet, looking for incredibly boring Web sites. Ooo! There have got to be some amazing snore-fest about Robert’s Rules of Order, right?
Think sleepy thoughts for me, night owls.